Town Square Television is planning this unique opportunity for you to reach the voters and talk about your campaign. You don’t have to be an experienced community television producer to take advantage of your local community cable channels! With Town Square Television handling the technical production and Town Square Television staff conducting the interview off-camera, your five-minute recorded segment will allow you to share your individual views on the issues that are important to your campaign.
Candidates will be allowed one five-minute interview with no retakes. This video segment allows cable subscribers in the cities of Inver Grove Heights, Lilydale, Mendota, Mendota Heights, South St. Paul, Sunfish Lake, and West St. Paul to get to know you. A $150 fee will be charged to help offset program production costs for Town Square Television, which is a local non-profit organization. The fee includes a downloadable MP4 video file of your interview.
To register, please call JoAnne Schommer at 651-352-6100 to reserve your twenty-minute time slot to record your five-minute segment. The registration deadline is September 28. Once you have secured your time slot, please click "Register And Pay Online" below to pay by credit or debit card, and give us details to help complete your video segment, including a required disclaimer stating who paid for the video. Please, provide a valid e-mail address. This is where your digital download link will be sent, once all videos are completed. You may also complete the registration form on paper, and either mail it or drop if off with a check for payment.
- Interview Prompts
- "My name is ____. I am running for ______. The reason I am running is _______."
- "The most important issues of this campaign are ______."
- "What I would like the voters to know about me is ______."
- "In closing, I'd like to say _______."
- You MUST register for a time slot over the phone! Call JoAnne Schommer at 651-352-6100 to reserve your time slot.
- An attractive standard set will be furnished for you. No outside props or set pieces will be allowed.
- Participants will be allowed one initial interview with no retakes. The recorded segment will be a maximum of five minutes.
- The registration deadline to be a part of the program is September 28, 2022.
- Copies of the program in its entirety will NOT be for sale, but will be available for online and cable TV viewing.
- Candidates will be given a link to download THEIR OWN SEGMENT ONLY! You cannot purchase a copy of another candidate's interview.
- Only the candidate and production crew will be allowed in the studio during the recording.
- Recording Schedule
Meet the Candidates tapings will be held on:
- Thursday, October 6 - 12 PM - 9 PM
- Friday, October 7 - 10 AM - 5 PM
- Monday, October 10 - 10 AM - 9 PM
Twenty-minute blocks of time will be allocated to record your five-minute segment. Please call 651-352-6100, and speak to JoAnne to secure your time slot.
- Register and Pay Online