A free community bike ride to explore the trails of West St. Paul and beyond.
- Where: The ride starts at Garlough Park with varying routes to match abilities.
- Who: Open to everyone—if you don’t have a bike, grab your favorite wheels or walking shoes and join us.
- When: Saturday, August 13 at 8:30 a.m. in conjunction with Explore West St. Paul Days.
- Cost: No cost, but free registration required.
We’ve got three recommended routes for you to choose based on your skill and experience. All routes start at Garlough Park and there’s a water stop at Thompson Park. Maps will be available, though we’ll also have signs pointing the way. We hope to have police help for some of the busiest crossings, but in general be careful when crossing streets.
Choose your route:
- West St. Paul Route: ~5 miles – Garlough to Thompson Park, go around Thompson Lake with a water stop at the picnic shelter, and come back to Garlough Park.
- River-to-River Route: ~17 miles – Do the full River-to-River Greenway Loop. Follow the West St. Paul Route (be sure to go up into Thompson Park for the water stop), then keep going east to Kaposia Landing, north on the Robert Piram Trail to Harriet Island, through to Lilydale, south on the Valley View Trail, and then east past Two Rivers High School and back to Garlough.
- Garlough Loop: ~1/3 mile – Take the old and new trails looping through Garlough Park for a quick trip, perfect for kids not ready for a long ride.
This is an informal ride, so you’re welcome to go at your own pace, take your preferred route, stop where you like, etc. Please wear a helmet and be careful at all crossings.