Are you interested in joining a small but mighty community media station with a big heart? Are you fast, thorough and accurate while effectively prioritizing multiple computer and A/V tasks? Are you technically skilled, but also flexible and able to provide responsive tech support to both external customers and internal team members?
Town Square Television, the local community media station serving the seven cities of northern Dakota County, is seeking candidates for a part-time employee to work in our master control center in Inver Grove Heights, MN. Master Control is the central nervous system of our cable TV and web streaming operation, where we distribute multiple format video programs for five cable TV channels, live streaming and archived viewing online and on social media sites.
This employee will work up to 24 hours per week on average, with a typical schedule of two(2) to four(4) weekday evenings. The specific days are driven by our LIVE programming schedule. Shifts typically start as early as 2:00 p.m. or as late as 4:00 p.m. and end around 10:30 p.m. Occasional later hours and week-end work will be required as needed. Full-day (8-hour shifts) or some partial-day (6-hour shifts), depending on candidate’s needs.
- Monitor and operate station’s automated playback system and all related equipment
- Monitor all incoming and outgoing audio and video signals to ensure they meet technical quality standards for live and pre-recorded programming content
- Communicate as needed with producers of live studio and remote programs, events and meetings
- Troubleshoot remote and on-site equipment malfunctions during live programs, events and meetings and communicate with producers and supervisors to eliminate transmission problems
- Report equipment malfunctions
- Schedule video content and execute playlists
- Ingest, transcode and upload content for multiple viewing platforms, including cable TV, live and archived web streaming, and 3rd party video and social media sites
- Transmit schedules to third party electronic program guide
- Provide information and customer service to submitters of content (internal and external)
- Schedule, index, trim, upload and archive public meetings and community programs for web streaming
- Fulfill media duplication orders and create media backups
- Assist members of the public in checking out or returning equipment reserved in advance
- Work on team projects or other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Required: Two years post-secondary education in a related technical field: information technology, broadcast operations, audio/visual production and media distribution, or related field OR at least one year equivalent work experience.
Preferred: Minimum one year professional experience working at a cable TV or video production studio or radio/television broadcast facility.
Required: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Preferred: Work experience with automated scheduling and playback systems such as Leightronix or Tightrope Media. Experience as a trainer on tech topics or providing responsive tech support. Experience using Photoshop.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient with standard hardware including video playback servers, AV routers, video switchers, audio mixers, signal monitoring devices, and software including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Versatile and able to learn specialized software and have an aptitude for operating electronic equipment
- Demonstrated high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly resolve technical problems to maintain quality audio & video signals on cable TV channels and online when problems occur
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in person, by phone, and in writing / electronically, with external customers and internal team \
- Demonstrated excellence working without on-site supervision, multi-tasking various duties, and troubleshooting problems successfully and independently
- Experience with Microsoft Windows OS; Apple/MAC iOS experience is advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to write and produce attractive graphics material with proper spelling and grammar.
- Manual dexterity to operate complex equipment
- Normal hearing
- Corrected vision to 20/30 for close and distance vision and normal depth perception
- Normal color vision
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to crawl, stoop, bend, push, pull, lift up to 30 lbs. overhead, and ability to walk and work in tight spaces
Equipment / Tools provided by Employee:
- Must have own reliable vehicle for work-related transportation (some mileage reimbursed)
- Must have current MN Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- $22 per hour, PT position, 16 to 24 hours per week
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Personal Leave
Send Cover Letter, Resume AND at least two professional references with contact info to: [email protected] or HUMAN RESOURCES, Town Square Television, 5845 Blaine Avenue, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076. Applications must be received no later than 8:00 a.m. Monday, May 1, 2023. (NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.)